Thursday, December 22, 2005

Luke has lost wisdom... did he ever have any?

My wisdom teeth are out - I was meant to be third on the list, but I was done in 6 minutes... imagine that - the maliofacial surgeon, Dr Brian Finn, made $925 in 6 minutes. Amazing. I thought it would take longer anyway. Twas funny, Jess thought I had been under for four hours, cos I didn't message her until 1pm :) She had been worried for no reason, I was home by 9:40am, had a nap and then watched a movie.

For the first three hours after I woke up, I spoke so ridiculously - my entire mouth was numb, my tongue felt fat and I couldn't pronounce my s's properly, tho I thpoke like thith. It was weird. At this moment, I can feel most of my mouth okay, although parts of it are still fuzzy and those bits are also numb. like the inside of the cheek next to the back teeth.

So tell me, how many readers out there have had their wisdom teeth out? Any teeth removed? Any funny stories, any gruesome stories?

Man, I'm hungry. These next few days of fasting don't look like being much fun.

-Fin-

6 Comments:

Blogger Gloz said...

hey i still have wisdom, tons of them, and they're inside my mouth! man i really need to have them out but i just dont have the time!
how many did u get out at one time? last time i went to the dentist, she suggested me to have 4 out at the same time, but mom was like,'yea, u're so gonna die, last time i had one out and it almost killed me'.
so that's why i still dont have mine out, but i have to..dilemma...

12/22/2005 8:38 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I had all four out... and I'm worried, cos no swelling or bruising has appeared yet :S Apparently some people only get pain two days after the operation, so who knows, I might be in agony tomorrow :S

12/23/2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

You say it almost killed you? Do you mean the pain, or was it actually life-threatening? I was just wondering before, if the numbing could reach your brain. I don't see my dentist anymore. He hurt me.

12/23/2005 11:49 AM  
Blogger Noof said...

Completely off the topic (as per usual), I read last night that wisdom was not so much to do with understanding why God allows certain things to happen, but more to do with how to navigate yourself through those things. Just thought it was interesting, that's all.

What the??!!? Blanky word verification!!!!

kvnwwdgv

12/23/2005 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont have any wisdom teeth.. And its not because they have been taken out .. its because I dont think that I am getting them .. something wierd that runs in my family apparently .. I guess that makes me unwise ...
Hayley on the other hand... has had hers out .. and she seemed grumpy on the outside but really wasnt apparently .. she got some bruising and what not .. but she recovered .. pretty painful apparently .. keep us updated Luke...

12/23/2005 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also believe that I am without these so called "wisdom teeth". My father is yet to develop them at the spritely age of 48..which certainly could explain a lot. Is this non development of teeth a genuine illness or are we non wisdom tooth holders perhaps further developed down the evolutionary path than you tooth addled folk? The mind boggles eh?...

1/04/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter