Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Disconnectedness

Feeling disconnected from a person is the sum total of how many questions you want to ask them, but can't.

Hmm... it's been what, a day? I'm in Cairns now. When I went to sleep after the first day I was here, I just had the weirdest feeling. I guess when you've spent a year in a place, you start to call it home. Suddeny when you come back to another place you also come home, you get a bit confused.

Luke's law of home:

The concept of 'home' in a person's mind cannot be embodied by two separate places at the same time. If this happens, confusion may result.

I've been trying to muster the motivation to do some work on the computer training course that I'm preparing for, but I've only managed to do a couple of pages in the last few days. Some interesting discussions have been had about the format of the course, so I guess I could call that constructive.

Meanwhile I forgot to bring up the piano composition I wrote specifically for my brother! I had it all ready to go and then forgot it at the last minute. Gotta love that. If anyone out there has a copy, would they be able to send it up here to me? Lol.

Hope everyone's enjoying their holidays, except pat. Pat, I hope you're enjoying summer semester (blergh).

-Fin-

3 Comments:

Blogger Noof said...

hey hey,

i think i do have a copy of that composition saved on my computer at home. i'll try to send it to you today or tomorrow.

12/14/2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

haha.. wow you took the thoughts right out of my head.. I've been living in between the sunshine coast and toowoomba (as in one or the other.. not in between) for the past few weeks - and I feel that Brisbane is home.. so it's VERY confusing.. not to mention expensive on fuel.. but yeah.. its not easy

12/17/2005 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say Hi to Cairns for me Luke. I know it's missing me. Sorry I ate taht piano composition. It didn't even have enough salt on it :P. I am likely to see you when you get back unless I go blind. Which I rather hope I don't. Catch you later and have a nice time away.

12/19/2005 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter