Sunday, October 01, 2006

Night Time Picnics

The holidays are over, marked by a beautiful ceremony held down in Mowbray park with four members of the 100 acre wood gang. Red Rooster, accidental wax drips, tree climbing and happy bruises all contributed to a great night had by all.

Spoke at church, went quite well, but thanks so much to Tim Fawsett for worship leading - was such a good worship service.

Mmm I promised Tiph that this blog would get more interesting, cos it's really not at the moment. So here's a copout, cos I'm tired. Here's some "God Speaks" quotes from a billboard in Cleveland, Ohio.

Let's meet at my house Sunday before the game - God
What part of Thou Shalt Not don't you understand? - God
We need to talk. - God
Keep using my name in vain, I'll make the rush hour longer. - God
Loved the wedding, invite me to the marriage - God
Will the road you're on get you to my place? - God
My way is the highway - God
Need directions? - God
You think it's hot here? - God
Do you have any idea where you're going? - God
Don't make me come down there... oh wait, that's right... - God

-Fin-

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I never thought your blog was especially uninteresting. Maybe interest is a fluid concept, who's definition isn't shared by all

10/02/2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger two salty said...

hey, i'm bummed i couldn't be at church on sunday night to hear your sermon...i was in toowoomba, but i'm glad to hear it went well. I like the God speaks things -one of my favs is "that love thy neighbour thing, i meant that -God"

10/02/2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

"Have you read my best seller? There will be a test" - God

When I said your blog was boring Luke, I'm not sure my vocabulary was thouroughly expressing what my brain was thinking. You see, when I said boring what I probably meant was, "Serious, thoughtful and insightful"; everything my blog appears to not be. Therefore an element of drudgery was added to the continual visiting of your blog because I knew I would be made to think. Thank you for sparing me from doing that this time, and congratulations, you blog is back in its hey day.

Great message last night. One of my favourite passages.

Level 3

10/02/2006 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what a lovely evening it was...nothing like 5 people grappling and tearing at 2 bird carcasses in the black of night barely lit by candles surrounded by paper bags in a publicly grassed and wooded area:) Hokes aside..it was nice, really. The Princess bride kicks lots of different kinds of arse as well:D

10/02/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

*thumbs up*

those one-liners made me smile. onya luke. and excellent job preaching on Sunday, it was great; well worth coming and listening to. God bless matey.

10/03/2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe sounds like you're on a mission now you're blog has been insulted. good luck!

10/06/2006 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter