Sunday, January 15, 2006

Meanderings

That's about what my mind has been doing for the most part, just trying to figure out what's going on. Since the last post, Planetshakers has been and gone. It's been a while since I've had a mountaintop experience with God, and just after my return from Cairns is possibly the best time I could have asked for it.

As much as having such a great experience is so awesome, it kind of hurts all the more when you come back to society to find friends not as enthusiastic for God to change this world, and not passionate for the heart of God. I'm not saying that I wish everyone was enthusiastic, but I'm just sharing with you how the gap is taking its toll already.

I hope everyone's ready for a big year, cos it's shaping up to be one. At planetshakers there were a couple of speakers which asked the congregation to really think about the future, and what we think God is speaking to us about. How we think God is going to be moving in the various walks of life that we're in - whether its in uni or school or business or life in general.

Now for all my close friends, if I haven't told you the following info, it's probably just cos I haven't had the chance to talk to you much in person or whatever. But yeah, I found a couple of things that I'm pretty sure are from God, cos they're definitely not things I would think of just out of the blue. One was to get more involved in the organisation of my church - which I would never ever think of myself. It just popped into my head.

So yeah... Coming into this year I already feel a bit overloaded, with the change of course, taking up more responsibility in my church (when all I want to do is lighten the load, possibly even change churches) and yet I'm excited. The winds of change are blowing, even if they're blowing a pretty cliched tune, and it feels good to be where I'm at.

Sorry to make this such a long entry, but a brief overlook of what else has been happening: I went to GE (the people who provide finance for my car) and they gave me a final payout figure - the amount of money I would need to be rid of debt. It comes to exactly the amount I would get if I sold my car privately, so I'm happy about being able to be rid of debt. I also got a job for the next two months, until march, working in the main helpline at QUT. It's full time hours paid at casual rates, so I'm a happy chappy.

That's about it, hope the wait was worth it.

-Fin-

2 Comments:

Blogger SuperTiph said...

If you sell your car, you can't name the next one Jason. That's just dishonouring the memory of the car that is currently Jason. Plus that won't let me think up a new name.

1/17/2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Hey Luke, I'm (for the most part anyway) up there with you.. I think the best thing to do after an awesome high is to hang about with other people who are up ther as well.. and also just decide your gonna 'make a stand' as such, i.e. go as high as you want to go and not let other people hold you back..

1/19/2006 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter