Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What then, of the end?

Hmm... there's another question that I've been wondering about. Now, as a disclaimer, its not so much the concept of suicide, but the concept of Christian attitudes towards certain things.

One thing I think is that we should take care of our bodies, they've been given to us by God for a temporary time, and they belong to Him. It doesn't mean I take care of it all the time, but yeah, I agree with people who say that we should take care of it. (And I will, eventually)

Now someone who does not move when they know a truck is coming towards them and they are fully capable of moving is classed as having committed suicide.

Some people argue that those who smoke or binge drink should be placed in that same category, albeit at the expense of being able to blame the addiction.

Obesity related deaths are on the rise (Link), and its concerning to me - I find it hard to not over-eat, and due to various reasons don't get as much exercise as I should. But what then, of the above quandary - am I slowly killing myself?

Now sorry to get so deep again :o) but yeah. I don't want to try and convict anyone of treating themselves badly, but tis just a thought about how we view other people, because I used to think people who binge drink and smoke are pretty much asking for death. But then I realised I was probably doing the same thing with Maccas and Coke.

Hey, they rhyme!

I used to Binge drink and smoke,
And not remember anything when I woke,
But I've turned a new leaf
Now I'm addicted to beef
In the slow death that is Maccas and Coke.

Lol, how macabre...

Have a lovely day!! Smell the roses! Send a love letter! Use exclamation marks after every sentence! See what a difference it makes!

-Fin-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death is inevitable yes. But I think that we have been given our bodies for a time and that they are not our own. So we should treat them with respect as we would anything that was given to use to use but was not ours.

Why not convict people of treating themselves badly? We all need a good convicting on it probably.

9/17/2005 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter