Friday, September 09, 2005

Exhibit A - Luke is Stupid

What a day :)

Had the last RE (Religious Education) teaching day for two weeks. On Friday mornings each week, I teach Grade 5's RE at Cooper's Plains Primary School. Plus the kids are going on holidays after today, so it was a bit of a rowdy class. My piano lesson (me teaching someone, not the other way round :) ) went well, which is always good.

Anyway, after that just sat around at church composing for awhile (I teach piano at our church), and then went off to the department of transport to try and get my motorcycle learners. It's not as easy as some friend of mine told me!! I mean, how am I supposed to know that a motorcycle must be parked with its front wheel as close to the kerb as humanly possbile. Anyway, I was only one question off passing, so I didn't do too badly. However, there were only 5 questions, so I feel stupid. :) Then again, I guess going for a test that I haven't prepared for at all and actually paying to take that test can only be described as stupid. I have no excuse.

Why on Earth did I want to get my motorcycle license? It's called hedging - the practice of creating an alternative plan b in case everything goes to shot later. Qantas did it with their petrol - they bought heaps of fuel in advance (futures) when it was cheap. Now they're reaping the rewards, with their sale fares being pretty much exactly what Virgin's and Jetstar's prices are. Anyway, I'm off topic. Why did I go for my license? Because I can see a distinct trend in the fuel prices, and although I don't expect this giant spike in the prices to last for much longer, it is part of a general long term trend that points towards petrol getting more expensive. So yes. I need a plan b - something that will take my petrol dollar alot further than my current car - and that plan b takes the form of a motorcycle.

I'm hoping that next time, I can actually get the 5 questions right.

-Fin-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter