Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Full Metal Jacket

Omigosh I can't stop blogging.

I guess it is a cool thing to do while at work :) I'm tired, by the way. Just thought you'd want to know, what with this being a blog & all :P Man, you'll come to love the amount of verbal diorrhea I can spout.

I'm tired cos I woke up at 5am, after going to sleep at midnite. I went to sleep at midnite because I was watching Stanley Kubrick's 'Full Metal Jacket'. Goooood film. Alot of little nuances I really liked - like the fact that every kill is shown in graphic detail, except for the last one - when Joker shoots that female sniper. Twas cool. Definitely wasn't as heavy as I had expected, especially after seeing 2001 a couple of years ago.

Vincent D'Onofrio is brilliant as the likeable but dumb fellow who is broken by the marine training. His possessed looks when he's in the toilet with the loaded rifle truly were some of the most chill-inspiring I've seen in a film, ever. Also Animal Mother - v.well done character and he carries a big gun.

I just thought it was interesting, the troops reaction to the populace not really wanting them to be there etc. I can't imagine how it must be to be over in Iraq or Afghanistan at the moment.

Anyway.

Yeah I reckon you should watch it. Good commentary, not perhaps as edgy as Apocalypse Now, but more approachable.

Signing off,

Luke

-Fin-

P.S. -Fin- is just something that signifies its the end, its not some top secret codename that I have.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BloginSpace.com Features Bloggers "Most Likely To Be Contacted" by Aliens
BloginSpace.com has announced the creation of a new award aimed at bloggers who are regularly creating compelling online content.
Don Jr

If you are interested, go see my cash at home related site.

9/07/2005 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advertising... don't find them, they'll find you :-)

Ooo I see we now have to type the pretty letters from the picture to make a post... no more ads then?

9/07/2005 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how do you as a Christian justify preaching about God in one blogg and then proclaiming your delight in images of bloodshed in the next?

9/07/2005 5:51 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Delight in bloodshed? I don't remember mentioning that.

I remember saying that it was a good commentary on the vietnam war, and that it must be really bad to be over in Iraq and Afghanistan at the moment.

I take no pleasure from images showing killing. I guess I just realise that these things do happen, and try and learn what I can from them.

Apologies if you took it otherwise.

9/08/2005 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter