Saturday, September 10, 2005

Don't Kid Yourself

Lol. I was just looking around the net for motorbike information, and found this on the NRMA "Motorcycle Safety" page.

Is it safe?

No, it's not. There is no point in kidding yourself that it is safer to sit on an engine slung between two wheels, exposed to the elements and the tender mercies of your fellow road users, than it is inside a nice, cozy Volvo.

However, if you take your training seriously and remember it, motorcycles are considerably safer than they might seem. For one thing, motorcycles are very manoeuvrable and usually you're much more aware of what's going on around you.

The biggest threats to motorcyclists are cars and overconfidence. The trick is to keep an eye on other drivers and not get carried away yourself. Then, with the good habits you'll learn at training and some sturdy clothing, you should be fine.
My fingers are crossed :) Anyway, its not definite that I'll ever even get a motorbike, I'm just going for a license at the moment.

People have been asking me where I get the time to blog so much. :) Tis my little secret, working here at an IT helpdesk. Anyway. I get plenty of other worthwhile things done, this is just my little hobby.

-Fin-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do we get the time to read your blogging, that's what I wanna know...

9/10/2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Same place we go to find time to read your comments, matt ;)

hehe

9/10/2005 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter