Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Absurd

I had the weirdest dream last night. Help me decipher it:

I came home to the apartment to find most of it packed up, as it will be, because mum & dad are taking us on a small holiday later on this week (In real life we'll be going on a holiday from the 23rd to the ...1st I think down to the G Coast) but I was kind of miffed at not having anything to do, so I left.

I was walking along the road, next to the airport. I was supposed to meet the president of the USA aboard air force one for some reason. What I didn't realise was that a) I was late, and b) Planes now carried large semi-molten rocks beneath them for heating during the long flights. These rocks were tethered to the plane by a large rope, which tended to break alot because pilots weren't used to taking off with these rocks yet and tended to bank sharply upwards on takeoff, thus stretching and snapping the ropes.

So I was walking along, and I saw Air Force one take off. However, it banked too sharply on takeoff, and my shock at seeing my meeting with the President go up in the air quite literally was taken over by seeing a fourteen tonne molten rock the shape of a bottle cap come hurtling towards me out of the sky. I let go a bloodcurdling AAAAAARGH and started to stumble away, paralysed by fear. The rock landed and then tumbled towards me even more, slowing down metres from me, and finally coming to rest so close that my hands were burnt on it. Some security guards pulled me out from under the rock.

I asked them why did planes do that? They answered that they just did, so get used to it. Get used to it? I cried, Get used to molten rocks dropping from the sky?!?!

So I went back home, and composed a song about it. It went like, "Planes shouldn't carry, rocks, up into the sky, oh no, especially not when they're, on fire, oh no..." and so on. I even remember the chord progression. E (high) .... E (high)/B, E (low) etc etc...

Then I woke up to a phone call.

Weird huh?

-Fin

6 Comments:

Blogger Matt M said...

Clearly the result of the excessive holidays uni students receive. Far too much time on your ?mind?.

12/19/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

just lie down on my couch here sir...and tell me, what was your upbringing like? did your parents deny you of a racecar bed?

12/19/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Matt M said...

Pat you're a trooper. Well done.

2 more days of study for me this year.

12/20/2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger Andrew Ling said...

A good story Luke.

Andrew Ling
Web Site: www.andrew-ling.com

12/20/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

Apart from the meaning of the dream (which I'm sure you know belongs to God and not anyone else's speculation) your brain is obviously letting off some creative steam. I would suggest developing the song and letting people trip over themselves trying to decipher THAT!

12/31/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Cool dream. It beats my last one. In that one, Mum was being executed by a Kim Jong Il-esque dictator. I woke up yelling at the dictator.

1/11/2007 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter