Saturday, November 25, 2006

151?

Well the 150th post came and went with a bang. Well, more of a snip & a scream. For those of you wishing to do similar things, I used Adobe Premiere Elements, a few classical albums borrowed off my brother (Concerto in A minor - Grieg, and Overture of the Barber of Seville - Rossini), a few sounds found on www.findsounds.com, and a bit of creative time-stretching. Stay tuned for some more movie madness later on.

Today I just came back from a wedding. It's the first wedding I've been to both the ceremony and the reception, twas wonderful. It was a morning wedding, ceremony at 9:30 and reception at 11. I have alot of video of the ceremony, a few pictures from the reception, so I'll put them up here:



A few artsy type ones:



All photos are taken with a 3.2megapixel phone camera. Only the first photo had any photoshopping done, and that was just to sort out some lighting issues.

More interesting were the photos from the bucks party two days ago :D We doused him in honey, rolled him in sand, and then when he washed himself off we drew all over his chest and back, and then shaved his legs creatively - one had racing stripes, the other had rings.

Then we found fun things to put in the fire to blow up... hehehehe... None of the guys have deodorant cans left in their cars. Don't worry, we'll get some more soon, and we didn't do anything too dangerous - one guy had some butane cans in his truck, but we vetoed that one.




The movie is us putting a full can of lynx phoenix on the fire. Quite poetic when you think about it...
Seeing this bucks party and hearing what guys threatened to do as revenge at the next person's wedding makes me wonder if I should seriously consider celibacy...

-Fin

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ponyb said...

ryan, george and i blew some stuff up one time. true story.

11/27/2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Celibacy doesn't exclude matrimony.

My bro, Joel, always raves about his "Forest of Lurve" [read: chest hair]. So, we pinned him down and shaved his chest a few days before his wedding.

Now, my other bro, Caleb, is getting married soon... we are thinking: wax him.

But, and this is a big butt, I mean, a big but, I am not yet married. I hope to marry sometime - and I don't want to set a precedent of increased brother-inflicted pre-matrimonial pain. I don't want to inherit, upon my marriage, the manifestation of the heritage I am now creating.

Just a note on the butane cans: they aren't too bad. In fact, they beat normal aerosol cans hands down. Things to do... well, things I have done. Put them in the fire, and get back. If they don't blow quick enough, take pot-shots with the .22. But, it is better if they blow, 'cause shooting them just makes one massive jet of flame. Pressure build-up-to-explosion is more impressive.

The other thing is to find a cliff (we used the Maroubra Cliffs) and make an apparatus with sparklers, wood and a brick, so you drop it off the cliff, it keeps verticality, and the brick ruptures the can. Sparkler ignites gas. Whoosh. Big fireball. Fun.

Or, the age old wrap-the-can-in napalm (petrol plus styrofoam), or similar, light and stand well back.

Shame about this drought. I could go for some explosions right about now. One thing I am keen to do, but will not do, is set off some butane canisters in the underground storm water drains. I've explored the ones in my area, and they are quite extensive. You'd have to go in and clear any kids-doing-graffiti out first, then I reckon it would be awesome to set up some canisters. Imagine seeing jets of flame shooting up out of storm water inlets all along the curb.

If anyone does that, it wasn't me. It's too dangerous, so don't do it, ok?

11/28/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

I just read my post. I need to better flag the thematic turns in my discourse. The celibate marriage comment doesn't relate to chest hair shaving. It relates to bucks parties.

Another thing, on pyromania: One of these days, I'll have yous (you and Aaron) over. Then we can blow stuff up. Nah, what I was thinking is: I can show you my exploding apples footage. Firecrackers are legal in Germany and apples grow in abundance. .:I had fun.

11/28/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Ok, I have made a real mess of those comments!!!!

I mixed my words. This clarifies my meaning.

The celibate marriage comment doesn't relate to chest hair shaving. It [CHEST HAIR SHAVING] relates to bucks parties.

Man! I'm gonna be an English teacher?!

11/28/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Once my uncle was at a party (not sure what kind, though), and they had this massive helium (i think it was helium) balloon. I mean huge. And they attached metres and metres of toilet paper soaked in kero to it. Then they let it go, and lit one end of the toilet paper. When it finally burned to the balloon - let's just say every light in the suburb went on and every dog started barking!

Is anyone keen to do this for my 21st?

11/28/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Ponyb said...

pete my man, i have never met you. i likely never will; but i like your style. i have been taking mental notes, and i thank you for your depth and insight.

*thumbs up*

rock on, my responsible pyro friend (because irresponsible ones burn down bushland and stuff, and we hate them)

11/28/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Yo Noof, that would be hydrogen and it goes woof not boom. That may explain the dogs. To replicate what you saw, read on (for the experienced and pyro-smart only).

Go to your local hardware. Buy Caustic Soda (nasty stuff for eroding/cleaning concrete). Look in your shed and find bits of aluminium. Chop the aluminium into small chips.

Over soil, not concrete, and wearing eye protection, overalls and gloves, with buckets of fresh water on hand (for emergency eye/skin wash), disolve caustic soda in water in a coke bottle, add aluminium chips. Put baloon or latex glove over neck of bottle. Balloon will inflate with hydrogen, bottle will get very hot may melt. The bottle is sacrificial in the process.

Tie the balloon off, attach long-ish strong-burning wick, light wick and release into the night sky. Watch for a fireball in the lower atmosphere.

Oxy-acetylene is also fun to fill balloons with, but it doesn't float. That goes explodes with a massive bang and can blow your face off. Static electricity can set it off. Very bad. Don't do it.

12/06/2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter