Saturday, April 15, 2006

What type of food art thou?

A question was posed to me recently - what type of food am I?

I've put much thought into this ponderance, and so I've written down my chain of thinkance so that you might gain an insight into my brain.

At first I thought I might be a sugar cane stalk - just like everyone else on the outside, but still sweet on the inside. I thought that would be silly, its too simple.

Then I thought I might be like a choc chip biscuit - rough on the outside with some sweet spots, but if you let me hang around long enough I'll be sweet and chewable. Then I thought that perhaps chewable wasn't the best descriptor for me.

I thought of something like Chai Tea - exotic smelling, but takes people to places they've never imagined. Or was that drugs... I can never differentiate between the two. Anyway, I thought that'd be silly as well.

Then I thought, well, why not combine the three? So I decided my food is Tea and Biscuits - I'm a full english morning tea. Sweet, filling, desirable, yet decidedly plain. Of course I have no affiliation with the cucumber sandwiches cos they're gross.

*-*-*

Actually all of this trollop above is just silly - I'm really an everlasting gobstopper with a gooey centre. Stick with me, I'll show you many many different flavours, but to see the real me you have to wait until the end.

Oh and by the way I'll be up in Cairns for the next 10 days :D

-Fin-

21 Comments:

Blogger bumunu said...

Haha, ooh, good answers. Entertaining, yet well thought out. The exotic smelling thing was a little weird, but it made me laugh. I would have thought, well, not a box of chocolates, cos that's a bit too cliche, but maybe one of those foreign chocolates that looks like a basic chocolate on the outside, so everyone likes it, but ends up being very complicated inside, and only a few people get a chance to experience the inside. Kind of like, "don't underestimate the depth of this chocolate".
In a good way. :-)
Ok, so your next mission, should you choose to accept it, what kind of food am I?

So jealous you're in Cairns. Good luck Jess! You can do it!

4/15/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger bumunu said...

PS: I'm glad you didn't go with the chocolate biscuits by the way...in my experience, if you leave a choc bikkie around for too long, it doesn't get sweet and chewable, it gets stale. Not a good thing.

Give Ben a hug for me!!!

4/15/2006 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've just compared yourself to an everlasting gobstopper...ponder upon that for just a minute...

4/17/2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Aaron, you're one of those Red Tulip caramel Easter eggs - tough to crack but once you do, very sweet :-)

4/17/2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger bumunu said...

ooh! good one!

4/18/2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Well aaron, if you were brave enough to compare yourself to a food, what would it be?

4/18/2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/18/2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Nic's analogy...quite the apt description I hope:P It wasn't so much the comparing of yourself to food that worried me...more that you referred to yourself as "sweet and desirable" when using the english morning tea as your food equivalent. Course if you were using english morning tea you could've said pale and easily crumbled...:)

4/18/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

...And your food would be...? Aaron?

4/18/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/18/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

So, anyone else want to be classified?

4/18/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Noof said...

Um, I think I'm mud cake. Just cos I ate a lot of it once :-) Feel free to classify away ;-)

Oh hey, where's Matt these days? Cos he should see this word verification - closest it's ever come to a word: pekstck.

4/18/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger bumunu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/18/2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Hmmm... pat's food anyone? I'm stuck for ideas :S

4/19/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger bumunu said...

I think its sad that no-ones classified pat yet. Hi pat, nice to meet you. What sort of stuff are you interested in? How would you describe yourself?

4/23/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger bumunu said...

hmm..yes...I can't think of any foods that fit that particular description... :-D But nice to meet you too!

4/24/2006 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pat you can just be a nut.

4/26/2006 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a fruitcake? why a fruitcake? because i'm such a wonderful blend of all things lovely? =P

...now that i think about it i don't really like fruitcake. But i am interested to hear why you would consider me one. what characteristics do i have in common with a fruitcake? (please not that is you say i'm as dense as one you will be hurt:-D)

4/28/2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry. i meant to write "please note" not "please not" oops

4/28/2006 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you must comment pat! i've been told by other peope that i'm like an apple, and then another suggested an aero bar. i'm very curious about why you have suggested a fruitcake.

5/01/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger jess said...

and still another suggested tea. so i'm a wide variety of food. i need closure on this! :-D

5/09/2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter