Friday, March 17, 2006

Drunk people are amusing

That was funny :) I was walking to I103 to lock up for the night, and as I passed the library, this indian looking guy came up to me and started talking in a scottish/american accent. He was obviously really really drunk, but apparently he remembered me from Carseldine. I supposedly helped him with his password and taught him to redirect email. In his mind, that made me the "best bloke in the world", cos now he teaches others to do the same. I'm actually quite happy, even if it is a drunk guy, someone's appreciated my help :)

Oh and before you think i was being negligent, I asked him if he needed a cab and he's like "no mate, I'm cool, give me some credit, I'm cool, I can get where I'm goin, I'm cool". I hope he got home alright.

-Fin-

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

entirely not relating to drunk people (as amusing as they are)...what happened to *weekly* updates on the student life blog??

3/18/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Drunk people can be scary too.

However we met this funny drunk chick while we were camping two years ago. She swore a lot and kept spilling her drink. It was funny.

We met this other girl a few years before that (I think it was the same girl, but no one else does). We all remember her saying, "Kirra, I'm just going to get my shoes on!" really loudly. She tripped on the bridge on her way back to her site. About 15 minutes later the same voluminous voice states, "I got my shoes."

I think you had to be there, but 6 years on, it's still funny.

3/18/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Is it 6 years? Well, 6 years, and still laughing on ;-)

Nah, they weren't the same people.

3/19/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

:) weekly updates of the SL blog have been lost in that list two posts ago :)

cejamf

3/20/2006 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God can use funny drunk people!!!!

My brother and I came across a preacher called Josh in Queen St Mall last night. He was standing there basically answering questions from passers by, and referring to his bible. What was funny was the totally drunk guy who kept standing out the front of the crowd dancing, drinking and smashing beer cans into his head (ouch!) but also at the same time asking relevent questions about the existence of God!! Josh was quite happy to answer this guy's questions in a totally non-judrgemental way, and i'm sure God was using this drunk guy to attract passers by, who came to see what was so funny, but could then hear about God and the bible. So God can definitely use funny drunk people!! Indicentally, if you are interested, Josh said he will be in Queen Street Mall every Saturday night (not sure about the drunk guy though!!!).

3/26/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

I've met those guys in Queen Street Mall, they're really nice. They were singing when we met them and we stuck around for a while. Had a good chat. I was wearing my slippers. People laughed. It was fun.

3/26/2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter