Monday, March 06, 2006

AAaaargh

Okay.

So I like... just got busy for a couple of weeks :) I'll explain.

Uni began.

Work here at the main helpline of QUT has been cut back to about three days a week, so I don't have the bountiful, boring amount of time in front of the computer that I used to. However, the 'trial' or whatever that my last post was referring to was a 3 day fast, which I eventually got through. On the first day, I succumbed to having a free lunch :S so I started again, and after 12pm on that day I lasted three days :)

Twas good. In my brief experience, it did bring me closer to God, I think because I was sacrificing something for Him. However it doesn't solve the underlying self-control issues... anyway that's another talk for another time, and perhaps not with you :P

Then I didn't post on the blog cos I was getting things ready for week one. O-week was one of those weeks where although I was working 8-4, I still had something on every night of the week. :S The only one I can remember tho was Nicole's 21st bday party/housewarming for the giant household. Happy bday Nicole! Happy house day peoples of 25 Connor St, Kangaroo Pt!

Then there was church, then week one began. Went to homegroup for the first time on monday night, twas good. We're doing revelation this year, and each of us takes turns to lead it. I scored chapter two (high five for no hard stuff :) ). Before home group tho, went to a lecture where I realised that I knew everything they were going to teach :D since it's too late to apply for credit for it tho, I just settled in for a bludge subject. It sounds like a cool subject anyway, Intro to Multimedia Technology. Tuesday went to nightlife, which was cool, and I got asked to do worship leading the next week, which I accepted. I have trouble figuring out how much I can handle in one week! :D Tis all good, I enjoy it anyway.

Yeah, Week One was the kind of week where after the first couple of days, it started raining, and I got lazy :) well, not lazy, but sick and stuff. Plus, I wanted to stay home and experiment with After Effects - a program which lets you do video post production (Blue screen, fancy effects etc). Wednesday I called in sick, and sat back with videos and stuff. I mean, it was my birthday, and I wanted to push away the thought that I was no longer young out of my mind (By the way, for those of you over 20 without a sense of humour, that was a joke ;P ). That night Aaron Sloper, a friend of ours and me went into the valley, up into the club aptly named the Zoo to a concert of a band we've liked for a while now called Gyroscope. Their most recent album was produced by Mark Trombino, who did Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World and The Living End. That was pretty darn good. It was my first live gig since Muse, which was ... 2004 :S Too long ago.

Anyway, Thursday I also called in sick so I could sleep in and watch videos and try and work out what to do for Worship Leading at Nightlife. That night went over to Jess's, where her mum cooked me a birthday dinner (Awesome cheescake for dessert) and then we crashed there so we could sleep in on Friday. Friday... what happened friday? Nothing.

Saturday - this was quite full. Drove around to various wreckers to try and find a replacement left taillight for my magna. Can't find any in the city of Brisbane. Grrr.... Drive back home, Nicola comes over with some raw footage that she, Tim Muller and a group of Student Lifer's shot on Friday. This was destined to become the Connexions promotional video. You can download this h_e_r_e(coming soon), but beware, it's not for those without broadband, cos it's 31.9mb.

Then after we edited stuff and made it all good-like, we went to the QUT River Cruise (on the citycat). It was a wonderful success of sorts, with lots of people turning up for what was, without a doubt, the most un-glamorous social event of the year. We caught the citycat up to Bretts Wharf, stood around next to the road for 5 mins, then back to Bulimba, where we walked about 300m past construction zones to a fish&chips shop. Had dinner in a "park" (someone's front yard) and then caught the citycat back to South Bank where we had ice cream. I hope the old adage of "you don't need anything fancy, just put people together and let them mix" holds, otherwise it might be the worst social event of the year. We shall see what people say about it next week.

Then there was sunday, which was just the normal go to church, go have lunch, go shopping, shop some more, go back to Aaron Melvold's place to play mario party and forza motorsports. Pete Deane, this macho mechanic was very excited about collecting more stars than anyone else in mario party. He even did a happy dance.

Then night service happened, learnt a bit more about the PA at our church, had very judgemental thoughts about the current relationship between PA operators and the musicians (There isn't any communication, it's like a dysfunctional family) and then went to maccas for a ridiculously unhealthy dinner.

And thus leads us to today. I'm tired. I need sleep. Sleeeeeeeeeep.

Are you happy now!??! HAPPY?!?!? I think, therefore I post. Ergo!

-Fin-

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done, you updated. There are a few things i want to comment on so bear with me.

B says "i'm glad you liked the cheesecake."

Did pete really do a happy dance? one day i must see this.

i know there was other stuff i wanted to say but for the life of me i can't remember what it was *shrug*

Remember kids: There are two ways you can live your life. 1) you can learn from your mistakes or 2) you can crawl into a box and tape it shut behind you. it's your choice :-D

3/06/2006 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i forgot to add a *heart* at the end of my comment so here it is

*heart*

3/06/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

Luke, you should do the Hokey pokey. When it comes down to it, that's what it's all about really.

3/06/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Dude, I nearly came and made this fully sarcastic comment (I was almost proud of it, it was that good) cos of your comment on my blog about 'tolerating' my musical taste. But then I realised you didn't really understand what I'd written till after you'd commented, so I'll let it slide ;-) Lucky for you, eh. Oh man, now I'm disappointed - it was fantastically sarcastic. (Like that alliteration?)

3/06/2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm glad he can tolerate your music "taste", I know i probably couldn't:P

3/06/2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

and I probably couldn't tolerate yours everyday either, but that's ok. :-)

3/07/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Don't even start me on your music Matt ;-) I just wouldn't know where to begin! lol

Word verification: ogzhobmx :-s

3/07/2006 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winamp reports that I currently have 3011 songs as MP3s (all from my CDs, not downloaded, so don't hurt me), so I'm sure there's enough in there for everyone to find something they love and something they hate :-)

My earlier "." post actually had nothing to do with the music theme of the time, but was my only response as words could not express my feelings at seeing an update on Luke's blog after all this time.

3/07/2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I'm glad everyone noticed I'm back. We had a really freaky lecture on monday night about e-communities and identity in the online age.

One of the lecturers told us, in avid detail, of how he got bored of going online and pretending to be a man, pretending to be a woman, pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man, and so on, so one day he invented a character called 'speck' which is just a speck of dust with no gender.

hmm.

3/07/2006 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cool how the government gives patients at the psych ward a day out every now and then to lecture students...

3/08/2006 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter