Monday, March 27, 2006

Bout Time

Hey, thought I'd better update considering it's been a while. It's been a weird week or so, feeling far from God and weird about life in general. It's been very busy, but now we've postponed the computer course until beginning semester 2, it's a huge weight off my shoulders.

I've also started reading "What's so amazing about grace?" which actually lives up to my expectations of it - I've heard alot of friends talk about it and it's great to finally read it.

Anyway I better get back to work, it's busy this week from people who forgot/didn't know to fill in their Commonwealth Assistance Notice, which means that they're discontinued from their course.

-Fin-

1 Comments:

Blogger Noof said...

My favourite quote from that book:

"A government can shut down stores and theatres on Sunday, but it cannot compel worship. It can arrest and punish murderers, but cannot cure their hatred, much less teach them love. It can pass laws making divorce more difficult, but cannot force husbands to love their wives and wives their husbands. It can give subsidies to the poor but cannot force the rich to show them compassion and justice. It can ban adultery but not lust, theft but not covetousness, cheating but not pride. It can encourage virtue but not holiness." (p. 251)

3/27/2006 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter