Monday, April 10, 2006

Muso - for real?

Well this is actually what the last post was meant to be about but I didn't get to finish it properly. It's been a bit busy, but I'm loving every minute of it - Music rocks. Haha, yes its a bad bad pun.

I've been spending lots of time with music friends in the studio, last thursday night did an all-nighter so that we could spend 1-5am in the studio recording. Got a reasonably good sound out of an MS mic config, using a Neumann KT 185 (I think...) and a Rode Classic II, so I was happy :D

If you want to see the latest "composition" experiment, where I've kind of made a song out of the Batman Begins movie - go to my purevolume site. I have to apologise for the cheesy drums, but its the only part of the song that didn't come directly from the movie's sound.

Apart from that, I'm getting ready to come back to Cairns from the 15th of April to the 24th, so Matt, I'll be dropping into say hi :)

-Fin-

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, cool, you'll get here just in time to come to our Easter celebration at 6:30am on Sunday.

:-)

4/10/2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

I liked the cheesy drums. Actually I didn't think they were cheesy.

Very, very cool work.

4/11/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger SuperTiph said...

I didn't read the blog, it looked too long and didn't have any pretty colours. I assume it didn't say anything about the 90s so I'm not interested right now. :P:P

Happy easter and an exciting new, um, half semester to you all.

4/11/2006 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would just like to draw your attention to the fact that on your list of recent films watched, you list "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-(new)".

There is no new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a film starring Gene Wilder which was nominated for an oscar in 1971.
We presume you refer to the recent film "CHARLIE and the Chocolate Factory"?
Please sir, on behalf of all the REAL movie enthusiasts in the world, get your facts straight.

:)

4/13/2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Ooo. That's harsh. I'm just going to go away now and watch Beaches or something else and cry.

4/13/2006 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's wrong with Beaches? step carefully sir or you may have many females screaming for you blood :-P

Matt pease tell me you're kidding about the 6.30am. i tend to take awhile to start functioning...

4/13/2006 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, unfortunately the 6:30am thing is no joke.

I'm with you, whilst my body may muster the energy to move, my mind doesn't awake until the time has reached double figures...

4/14/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger bumunu said...

Matt, I can't remember ever seeing you look really tired. You seem to be the type that never sleeps, because they don't need it. You are a fixture of the church itself, always there. The church doesn't need sleep, and therefore neither do you. What's your secret? Caffeine?

4/15/2006 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bimini,

Unfortunately I don't even drink coffee.

I've just become well practiced in the art of no sleep over the years. Which is handy at the moment, as I've had very little sleep at all over the last 2 weeks.

4/18/2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter