Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Argh! The Glowing Fires are coming to get us! Oh wait that's the sun...

After spending a week and a half in rainy Cairns, one of the weirdest things that I never thought I'd realise about Brisbane is that it's sunny. After coming back to Brisbane, I've realised that I've barely seen the sun for a week and a half. Almost didn't recognise it.

I'm currently at work, and my co-worker has hiccups. One universal truth, is that if one has hiccups, one cannot be threatening. He was trying to beat me with a carboard tube (if you really want to know why, go to www.penny-arcade.com) but I was too busy laughing at his hiccups to notice.

I better get back to work, but until next time, wear sunscreen and try and get mugged by people with hiccups - it's more entertaining that way.

-Fin-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a good way to stop someone elses hiccups (it won't work if you try it on yourself) is to ask them what they had for dinner three nights ago. they concentrate so hard that they forget to hiccup. (don't knock it if it works :-D)

4/26/2006 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For serious hiccups do you have to ask about dinner from a week ago?

If you don't have someone around to ask you about dinner from 3 nights ago, try leaning over a glass of water and drinking from the opposite side (i.e. the one that's not closest to you - so you're tipping the glass away from your body to drink).

Works a treat.

4/26/2006 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whilst it is quite enjoyable to watch people attempt it, it does actually stop the hiccups so it's worth the embarrassment!

4/27/2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter