Friday, October 28, 2005

Wide and said you this

Went and saw a movie last night, seeing as sunday morning music practice was cancelled. It had been fine weather all day, and my day yesterday wasn't really that bad. Trevor turned up at Gardens Point (where I was working from 2-6) at about 5:40, saying he'd been rushing to get there because he thought we closed at 6pm. We close at 9:45. Anyway. He only had a little bit more of the assignment to go, so I convinced him to come to the movie as well. He agreed.

Turned up at Southbank Cinemas at 6:22, to find no one there. I had been told to meet there at 6:15 by Pauline. After a flurry of messages and a call, I found out that Pauline, Pat & Kylie were already inside the cinema. Cinema 4. The Cinema playing Pride and Prejudice. Trev arrived just at that moment, so I broke the news to him. We looked at each other with that look that just says, 'What have we gotten into?'.

Sorry for being so dramatic, I'll be a bit less like an old English novel from here on in. I didn't mind the film, but that didn't stop Trev & I from making our first ever snack trip in the middle of a movie. Neither of us have ever left a film during it to get snacks, no matter how hungry we were.

I couldn't stop laughing through this film at the wrong moments. Mr Darcy stretching his hand out because the electricity was too much (roll of eyes). The giggly girls/mother triggered my puke reflex once or twice. The blatant visual animalist metaphors did make me laugh, but there were so many of them. And when Elizabeth and Mr Darcy danced, the other people fading away? O the hilarity.

Then again, I'm in quite a cynical mood towards love at the moment, so don't take too much notice of me. Just put it down to the ramblings of a lonely old man who's too jaded for his own good.

Then again, you might see the humour in the film just as I did. For couples, this film rates 4.5 canoodling stars. For single people, this film rates 3 very lonely, chocoholic stars.

-Fin-

3 Comments:

Blogger Gloz said...

lonely old man...

so am i a lonely old old woman?

i was going to see it one night, but we changed our mind and see 'must love dogs', and i regreted quite a bit.

10/28/2005 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe...canoodling...hehehe

10/30/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

To quote Buzz Lightyear: "You are a sad, strange little man. And you have my pity. Farewell!"
Woody: "Oh yeah? Well good riddance, ya loony!" (muttering to self) "Rendezvous with Star Command!"

Hmm, the first line was kinda relevant, the rest....well, I just got carried away ;-)

11/08/2005 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter