Thursday, October 27, 2005

Not my day?

Woke up this morning, prayed and had a good feeling about the day. That should've tipped me off that something was going to go wrong.

Got everything ready to go, was all good to get out of the house at 6am, except for one crucial thing - I couldn't find my motorcycle keys. I turned out my pockets, searched the house quickly, searched the car, searched the garage, searched the house again more thoroughly, searched my room, searched the lounge room, kitchen, balcony, bookshelf...

By this time it was approaching 6:30 - the time at which, if I couldn't find my keys, I would have to ride my bicycle. Physical exercise... haven't done that in a while. Luckily, just then, after two trips up and down from the apartment to the garage, I found my keys, underneath the coffee table, underneath a stray futurama dvd box set cover.

Arriving at work, I discovered that I had misplaced my Kelvin Grove key that opens the helpdesk. I know for certain I put it in my pocket this morning because I turned out my pockets to check for my bike keys. That's probably why it's no longer in my pockets. I had to get security to open up for me.

Now these guys have a keychain - an actual piece of chain, .75m long, with keys attached at every link, I'm assuming one or two links per building. They have a key for every room in every building, which is pretty cool. This security guard who came to open up for me was wearing his old army badges over his left side. A friend once told me that security guards are just kinda for show unless they're a vietnam vet - if you show them the wrong attitude, prepare for your Charlie ass to be kicked.

Once I was inside the helpdesk at KG, I found a note left for me by Anthony Swann, my supervisor. "Don't worry about any other CASS (Central Assignment Submission System) work, just scan all the returns out the back. Just look for the dirty great big pile."

To return an assignment, you first have to scan it, and then manually stamp it with a numerator. For those who go to QUT, that little 'return number' up the top right is actually us out the back with a stamp.

220 assignments later, I'm now sitting here telling all you guys about return number 5862 - 6082.

Anyway, that's my day from 5:30 til 8:30, lets see what else happens.

(Don't worry, I'm not whingeing - I realise plenty of other people have it alot worse)

-Fin-

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the moral of the story is... motorbikes cause trouble. Or perhaps it was just a problem between the handle bars and the seat. Who knows...

10/27/2005 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you should ditch the bike and stick withthe car :-P

....just a suggestion

10/27/2005 5:12 PM  
Blogger Noof said...

Keys? Wallet? Phone? :-s

10/27/2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/28/2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Life wasn't meant to be breezey. If it was meant to be, god would have given all of us Dodge Vipers and a bottomless bucket of KFC...Mmmm....

*Ahem!*

Well either way, just suck it up old buddie, i'm sure your due for something good to happen.

w0rd 0ut!

10/28/2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter