Monday, October 03, 2005

Charlie Kaufman is one strange pickle...

Watched Adaptation last night.

Now I know way too many people have said this already, and that saying it makes me sound like a little fanboy, but damn, Charlie Kaufman is a genius.

This film twists and convolutes around itself like an Escher, leaving you slightly creeped out in the end, but breathless from a movie about a screenwriter writing a movie about a lady writing a book about a guy who steals orchids.

A little while back myself and aaron (my housemate) were talking about how interesting itd be to create a documentary that wasn't actually true, but then convince everyone that it was. The Blair Witch project basically did that... and Adaptation did it for me. By the end of it, I was already on the internet trying to find if there really was a book of the same name as the one in the movie,(there is) if Charlie Kaufman has a twin brother and if LaRoche really was an orchid poacher. This film just has so many real-life tie-ins that it was really creepy to be watching the film...

Crazy stuff, all in all. Just crazy. Like this.

But yeah. Apart from that, I haven't done anything crazy. But something that all the people reading this blog need to know is that this friday and saturday, a couple of friends (Aaron my housemate and Bindi from my church) are having birthdays, so we're going to do something on Saturday to celebrate their bday. Send an email to l2.harrisATqut.edu.au to find out what's going on, and make sure you don't tell Aaron or Bindi. Just substitute the AT with an @, I write it like that to avoid spam.

Coolies - have fun this week.

-Fin-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter