Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Science of Le Raison d'Etre

We had to evaluate the power of Genesis 1.1 today in Short Story writing - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now here comes the problem of this blog... I have quite a few thoughts I want to put down, but to make sure that this remains readable I need to hone it into a coherent string. So if I've talked to you about all this and the events sound a little different, don't worry, I'm not going quietly crazy.

I guess looking at that particular passage as a story, next to all the other mythologies (Apache, Indigenous Australians) kinda does sort of give a bit of an insight into how other people look at it. A story with no power, no inspiration from God. Genesis, to people, is a seemingly unsatisfactory explanation of The Beginning.

I'm reminded that science, at least to me, is equally unsatisfactory. Research it, you'll find details for and against both creation, and science, and creation mixed with common scientific theories.

My take on Genesis?
Everything has a beginning. Come up with a better explanation than Genesis, get God's rubber stamp and I'll take it with both hands. But for now I don't really want to comment much... I mean I wasn't there, and if I do start talking about it, does that constitute gossip? :P

-Fin-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter