Monday, September 19, 2005

Eavesdropping

I blame it on KWB350.

The homework set to us writing students was to "go out and eavesdrop" - in order to better our dialoguing skills.

Sitting in the refectory today, I couldn't help but overhear a conversation on the table next to me. This conversation consisted entirely of the person complaining about two things. For half an hour. I won't mention the gender of the person, because men and women both do it chronically, but yeah. That's a long time to be complaining about something, or even two things. The other person in the conversation didn't say anything, just smiled and nodded throughout.

It reminded me of a person who I stopped talking to, mainly because all they ever did was complain about things to me.

The funny thing? I'm sitting here spending time complaining about their complaining :)

-Fin-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was fate that i clicked on this one to comment on.

i'll bet that it was a girl complaining.
it's more likely for another girl to sit there and nod their head along with the world's most boringest conversation.

9/19/2005 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not talking to you anymore Luke. ;)

9/20/2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

That's okay geoff, thanks to my new skillz (with a z) You simply need to be talking near to me. ;P

9/21/2005 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh.
i hate people that say skills with a z.
the end.

9/21/2005 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter