Monday, August 14, 2006

Shark Fin Soup

So I had Shark Fin Soup at Yum Cha at Saturday lunch. I have no ethical dilemmas with it, but apparently aaron does :)

Here's an email he sent me.

Hey there
Check this out...if its no good for Yao Ming, then its no good for you. So
say no to the fin!!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/general/news/story?id=2537709

See ya
Aaron
Well obviously now that Yao Ming has said no to it, I'll have to as well. Actually I'm more likely to say no to it due to its $18 price tag... and that's just for normal! If you want the double braised shark fin it was $60. ...Ouch.

-Fin-

6 Comments:

Blogger SuperTiph said...

I bet it's not even pure shark fin. I mean, what's stopping them putting other parts of the shark in your soup?

Level 3

8/14/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Gloz said...

forget about the shark fin soup, just eat chicken feet! lol

8/14/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifah said...

I think it's mildly amusing that you end all of your blogs with "Fin" as in the French word for "end" and this blog was about a fin...maybe it's just me.

8/15/2006 4:53 AM  
Blogger bumunu said...

You do know that they leave the sharks to die, swimming around without their fin? I assume that is what Aaron has a problem with? Yeah, it's not cool.

8/15/2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger jess said...

it is super sad. they cut the fin off and throw the rest back. it's not just un-cool, it cruel. the shark can't survive without it and so it dies. if they were using the rest of the meat then no problem but to just take the fin is an awful thing to do.

8/15/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger bumunu said...

I don't know why anyone would want to eat sharks anyway...have you ever smelt the meat when it's fresh? Has to be one of my least favourite smells in the world, it is soooooo rank! Seriously, shark meat, flake, STINKS! NOT a good smell. I don't care if it tastes wonderful when it's cooked...anything that smells that awful fresh is not appealing.

8/16/2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter